You can tap the classes and enrollments on your schedule to access the Class Sign-In screen, where you can check students in and register new students. From this screen, you also have quick access to cancel students from the class, accept payment, contact a student, or have them sign the liability waiver. You can even manage your waitlist and cancel a single instance of the class from this screen, too.
- Signing up and signing in
- More options: cancelling, buying, and contacting the client
- Reconciling unpaid classes
- Liability waivers
- Cancelling a class
- Teacher substitution
- Things to know
To sign students in, tap the circle to the left of each student, and a checkmark will appear.
To add students to the class, tap the orange plus sign (+) at the top right corner of the screen. From here you can search for an existing client, or add a new one.
Tap the More icon to the right of each student to access the following options:
If a client registered as unpaid for one or more classes, and now needs to pay for the owed sessions, you can reconcile these unpaid visits from the class sign-in screen.
If a client needs to purchase a pass without reconciling a class, you can do so from the Retail screen.
- Tap the More icon.
- Select Buy from the menu.
- Choose the classes that should be reconciled, then tap Next.
- Select one or more pricing options, then tap the cart icon to check out.
If you have enabled a waitlist for the class, then a Waitlist tab will appear to the right when the class reaches maximum capacity. Tap the tab to view the waitlist.
When a student who is enrolled in the class cancels, the waitlisted students will automatically move over to the class list. You can also tap the plus sign (+) to the left of the student on the waitlist to move them directly into the class.
Please note that whether and when you can manually add students to the class from the waitlist depends on your staff permissions. Additionally, whether and when the waitlisted students will automatically move over to the class list depends on your cancellation windows.
Emails and text message notifications
Let your clients know when they’ve been added to the class from the waitlist via email or text message with the “Reservation Added from Waitlist Notification.” Learn more about auto emails and text message notifications.
If a new client hasn't yet signed the liability waiver, a red "no waiver" banner will display over their profile photo. Tap the client to get to their profile, and then tap Sign Liability Waiver. Hand your device to the client, who will read the terms of the liability waiver, and then agree and sign with their finger.
You can cancel a single instance of a class right from the sign-in screen! From the schedule, just tap on the class you want to cancel. Then on the Class Sign-In screen, tap the More icon on the right.
Select Cancel Class from the popup menu. You'll then be asked whether you want to show the cancelled class on the schedule or not. You can also choose to email the teacher and the registered clients by using the toggles and then tapping Complete Cancellation.
- Please note that whether you see the More icon and are able to cancel a class depends on your staff permissions. You’ll need the “Manage class/event schedules” permission enabled in order to cancel a class. Learn more about staff permissions.
- The option to email the teacher and clients will only pop up if a teacher or a registered client has an email address on file. You’ll also need to have the “Class/Event Cancellation Notifications” auto email enabled. Learn more about auto emails and text message notifications.
You can quickly change the staff member who is teaching a class right from the sign-in screen. Just tap the More icon on the right.
Then select Substitute Teacher from the menu. Choose a substitute teacher from the list, or search for one in the box. Staff members are listed here if they have “Instructor (for classes)” checked under Settings on their staff profile.
After this, you can choose to email the teachers (the one unable to teach and the substitute), as well as the clients registered in the class, by using the toggles and then tapping Substitute Teacher.
The substitution will be reflected on the Class Sign-In screen and on the schedule.
Please note that whether you can substitute a teacher depends on your staff permissions. In order to be able to substitute a teacher, you’ll need the following staff permissions enabled:
- Schedule substitute instructors for classes/events
- View/edit staff member personal information
- At this time, enrollments in the MINDBODY Express app will enroll clients for only one day, not the entire enrollment (regardless of your settings). Please log in to your site on a computer to enroll your client in a multi-day workshop.
- You cannot reconcile clients who are registered as unpaid for a multi-day enrollment. Please log in to your site on a web browser to pay for a multi-day enrollment.
- Schedule management
- Adding a new client
- What is the difference between an early cancel, a late cancel, and a no show?
- Liability Waivers
- Set up waitlists on your MINDBODY site
- Learn more about Staff permissions
- How do I set up cancellation windows?
- Learn more about auto emails and text message notifications
- Staff Profiles: Creating logins, updating info, and enabling settings