Our mobile credit card reader is designed for use exclusively with the MINDBODY Express® app.
Equipped with the most secure encryption key available on the market, the MINDBODY mobile credit card reader keeps your data safe while allowing you to accept payments on-the-go.
- You must use integrated MINDBODY merchant account processing.
- The mobile credit card reader must be plugged into the headphone jack at the top (or bottom) of your phone.
- After plugging in the mobile credit card reader, ensure the volume on your phone is turned all the way up. Your phone may not recognize any credit card swipes while your phone is muted or on a call.
- If your phone will not recognize the swiper, please restart your device, reconnect the swiper, and try again.
- The mobile credit card reader is compatible with most modern smartphones. It requires installation of the MINDBODY Express app from the App Store.
- Size: 30 mm × 11mm × 45 mm
- Color: Black
- Magnetic Stripe Reader: 2-track bidirectional reading capabilities
- Interfaces: 3.5 mm stereo audiojack
Using the mobile credit card reader
You will only have the option to swipe a credit card when checking out a client at the retail point of sale. When swiping a card, MINDBODY Express will briefly display a "Connecting to Swiper..." message; if the swiper is properly connected, the screen will flash a "Swipe Away!" message when the card can be run.
Need to see this process in greater detail? Click here to learn how to accept payment in MINDBODY Express.
- Third party mobile credit card readers are not compatible with the MINDBODY Express app.
- The mobile credit card reader cannot be used with your desktop software.
- You may need to grant access to the MINDBODY Express app through the Microphone section of your device settings.